A box of pasta + cheese + veggie = dinner!
Yield: 4 servings
Hands-on prep time: 15 minutes
Total prep time: 45 minutes
Price per serving: $1.25
1 lb. jumbo pasta shells
1 16-oz. container cottage cheese
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
1 cup shredded Muenster cheese
1 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 egg, beaten
1 32-oz. jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water and remove from heat three minutes earlier than box recommends. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cottage cheese, spinach, Muenster cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and beaten egg.
- Coat bottom of a large baking pan with a thin layer of marinara sauce.
- Fill each shell with a spoonful of mixture and place in pan, seam-side down.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the shells.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until mixture is melted and bubbly.